For children aged 5+
I used to play this at school! Actually we used to play it during lessons, not concentrating at all on what the poor teacher was doing but we really enjoyed playing it!
It's a great game for getting children to think about letters and increasing their vocabulary and introduces a bit of competitiveness!
How to play:
- Choose a few categories, see my examples below:
- Ask someone in the group to choose a letter
- Set a timeframe - 1 or 2 minutes, depending on age of children.
- Within this time frame everyone needs to think of a word for each category for the chosen list.
- Once the time is up, or someone has completed every category and shouted out, everyone has to read out their answers. If someone else has the same answer as you, then you don't get a point.
- The winner is the person with the highest number of original answers.